Testimonial Information from JoAnna
This is info from myself and people i've talked to but the info is not written down.
Here at Home - all cuts and burns on people and animals at home
- Cut Horses - i have pictures (to add some day soon) of a V cut on a filly's ankle - the hide didn't close properly - but there was no proud flesh - after healing - needed to shave the hair to find any mark from the cut.
- Hot Spots on Golden Retriever - Mandy.
- Cuts on myself from moving Emus and they rip my jeans cutting into my thigh - reduced pain, swelling right away - healed fast.
- Oven burn - myself - no blistering - took pain away within about 2 minutes.
- Doug - yellow jacket bee sting - he was impressed - pain gone right away.
- Doug - many sore muscles
- Me - broken L ankle - good story - fell off ladder in snow storm - couldn't get to doctor for about 4 days - used emu oil and Power Rub Plus and an old walking brace from another injury - reduced swelling and bruising. Took x-rays at the doctor - recommended wrapping and a brace that didn't fit in my shoes. 1 1/2 weeks later they made 4 phone calls to find me and said i had to get in NOW to get a cast on. (GF Air Force Base has GF read x-rays - took that long for the info to be read and travel back to the base.) The Emu Oil helped to heal it faster than the doctor expected it to look like when i arrived.
- Dutch - hip surgery - i have pix to add - shows a 10 yr old scar and the new one together - his new one healed in less than two weeks - you can't see most of the new scar by that time.
- many horse cuts - little and big ones - always use emu oil and no scarring - one notable one was when Sheza had West Nile - she fell into the stall so many times she had cuts on her face, neck, and legs - i doctored her every day along with West Nile treatments - no scarring and she didn't mind my touching her owies - it would feel better afterwards.
Friends & Family
- horse lost hide on leg - got pix to add some day - shows fast healing AND the owners noted that the horse did not fuss when it was applied - the horse quickly understood that the application of emu oil would reduce the pain - and wanted treatment. i found that true too.
- Stretch Marks - used on belly often during pregnancy - no stretch marks at all.
- Recovery after surgery broken bones - improved flexability faster and could walk sooner than expected.
- Sore Muscles and Joints that wake you up at night - use Power Rub Plus before bed - sleep all night. or if forgot? put on when you wake up - back to sleep in minutes.
- Dry Skin Condition - unusual dry condition - uses Skin Care - so much better than other products used in the past.
There's so many more to tell, but i'm out of time. will organize and get more written down for your 'reading pleasure'... ha ha.
EMU OIL used for RADIATION TREATMENT
(email from AEA Group Email List)
Thanks for the info, Mickie. I will give your name and address to all of my doctors along with your brochures. I certainly don't mind you sharing my testimonial with others. I wouldn't even mind you using my name if that adds any credibility.
When I started using the emu oil in conjunction with my treatments, all I knew was the effect it had on minor burns I had had over the last 4 years of using it. I figured if it worked that well for burns, it ought to work for radiation. Radiation affects not only the inner part of your body but also the skin it goes through. The outer skin reddens just like you have been in the sun too long. Quite often, blisters pop up after you have had several treatments. There is a "browning" of the skin in the treatment area that can last for months after the treatment is over. Sensitive areas, like the skin under the arm, the nipple, and under the breast, are especially susceptible to burning, peeling, cracking and blisters. In my case, the emu oil was not only immediately soothing to the skin, it lessened the severity of the burn. Treatments were given to me every day for 5 consecutive days over a six week period. I put emu oil on every morning and every night and sometimes several times during the day. The doctor cautioned me about having oil on my skin when I took my treatment so at first I wiped the breast area off with a soft tissue if I had excess oil on the skin. Eventually, however, I didn't even have to do that because the emu oil seemed to go into the skin so quickly. I still had redness but it didn't burn. I had a few very small blisters, about the size of a match head, but they went away quickly - within about two days. The skin in the nipple area pealed off about 5 or 6 times but it never cracked because I kept the emu oil on it and gently exfoliated it every time I took my shower. The emu oil soothed the burning sensation after treatment while it healed the skin, too. The skin was very tender around the breast and I was unable to wear a bra for about two weeks out of the six week treatment regimen, but I was wearing one two days of finishing all of the treatments. Another benefit of using the emu oil was that my incisions healed extremely well and very quickly.
I was warned by both of my oncology doctors that the radiation would cause my breast tissue to be hard. Sometimes this hardness goes away and sometimes not. The day I finished my treatments my surgeon examined me and found no hardness of the breast or under the arm except where I had my incisions which is what you would expect after surgery. I am going to continue using emu oil on the breast area until I feel all of the side effects of the radiation have gone which should be about 3 to 6 months. I have had three doctors examine me and all three seemed very surprised at how good my skin, the surgery areas, and my breast looked.
Radiation affects everyone differently depending on so many variables such as age, skin type and general condition of health. It is hard to say what my condition would have been without the use of the emu oil, but I firmly believe the emu oil had a direct effect on the skin and also the tissue of the breast. Besides the pure emu oil, I used Skin Care Therapy cream and the Recovery capsules. I started using these about 2/3rds of the way into my treatment when it was the absolute worst. I wish I had used it from the very beginning because I believe it would have made a difference.
I have been looking for a research grant from NIH or the American Cancer Society to do some research on the use of emu oil during radiation treatments. I haven't found anything yet, but I may just write up a proposal and send it in anyway. I think there needs to be some research done on it to see if we can get valid proof. At any rate, I know three doctors who will be recommending it to their patients!